IoT Media Course
- Open Positions
- Professor (1 person), and Associate Professor or Assistant Professor (2 people)
- General Field of Specialization
- Image processing, audio / sound processing, multimedia processing
- Teaching Responsibility
- Topics on Signal Processing, Image processing, etc.
- [Required] ● Ph.D. degree at the time of hiring. Or those who acquired PhD by Summer 2023 the latest. ● Those who have two or more peer-reviewed papers within the past five years at the time of arrival. [Desirable] Teaching experience of undergraduate and/or graduate students Teaching experience in flipped classroom methodology Teaching experience in multilingual classroom (English/ Japanese) Japanese Ability certification (N3 or higher)
- Job Regulations
- According to University regulations.
- Starting Date
- April 1st, 2024
- Work Location
- Odawara City, Kanagawa Prefecture. (45 minutes by train from Tokyo)
- Terms & Working Hours
- Term: Full-time Working hours: 8:30-17:30
- Competitive salary
- Submission Documents
- 1. Curriculum Vitae 2. Teaching Statement and Research Statement 3. List of publications – highlighting 3 relevant papers 4. Research achievement (one A4 page) 5. One Letter of Recommendation 6. Letter of life personal achievement goals for education, research, students guidance, academic and personal. 2 pages minimum. 7. English proficiency certification/ documentation (TOEFL iBT 80pts, TOEFL PBT 550pts, TOEFL CBT 214pts, IELTS 65pts) ※ All documents files should be PDF formatted in A4 page size.
- Application Due Date
- April 30th 2022 (Japan time)
- How To Apply
① Curriculum vitae
② Education and research achievements
- Selection Method
- (1) First phase selection: Document screening. (2) Second phase selection: Examination for those who passed the primary selection (in person or via internet conference; interviewees will select which is the best way for interviewing them).
- Notes & Declaration
- Nippon Institute for Advanced Study of Technology aims to provide education and research to foster leaders who can be active in a global society. The goal is to provide education and research that will make students feel that learning is fun. Faculty at this Institute will primarily teach in English in classrooms. If the interview happens in person, applicants are responsible for all costs and transportation costs related to the selection process. Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential and just for hiring process, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications. This Institute is being designed to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. Further details about the Institute can be viewed on the Nippon Institute for Advanced Study of Technology website https://www.nippon-ias-t.ac.jp/